2019 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity | How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? The 2019 RAM 1500 has a 12,750-pound maximum towing capacity. That puts this light-duty truck in a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* class, with enhanced capabilities over its predecessor – the 2018 RAM 1500 – along with better fuel efficiency for days on the job in Omaha. Get the details on the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs in this short guide from Edwards Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT right here in Council Bluffs!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
With three engine options in this model year, the 2019 RAM 1500 brings a unique set of performance capabilities to Bellevue drivers – just compare the RAM 1500 vs. Chevy Silverado. No matter your engine selection, it comes with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Take a look at the details:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
The RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the trim, which means when you’re wondering how much can a Ram 1500 tow, you’ll know it’s backed by power.
More Features for Easier Towing
Stark engine power isn’t the only factor that defines the 2019 RAM 1500 towing capacity. With a variety of exciting features found infrequently in other light-duty pickups, La Vista drivers have found the RAM 1500 to be equally adept at towing a camper as it is hauling equipment. These include:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Bellevue and La Vista roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Edwards Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT in Council Bluffs!
Visit us at the dealership, and experience the 2019 RAM 1500 interior features and technologies first-hand. Contact us, and let’s get you moving forward on buying or leasing a new truck. With our knowledgeable salespeople, friendly finance experts, and expert service techs working together, you can be sure to take home a new RAM that meets the unique needs of your home or job, and learn why it’s a great vehicle for college students.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup